Sunday, February 27, 2011

Is There No End To Winter?

There are less than 30 days until spring is officially here, and to be honest it looks like it will be much much longer. I have been told that this is a particularly long winter, I'll second that! Snow fell all day long yesterday and that kept me inside watching old movies like the Maltese Falcon, and grading long ignored papers. Getting ready for the Spring parent conferences is a sign that it is nearly here and that the school year will be over soon.

My job has been non-renewed, looking forward into our new Governor Walker's agenda, there were 20 teachers from our district who were not re-newed. Non-renewed is different than a layoff, they now do not have to call anyone back, nor use senority to hire anyone back. My district has once again made a decision to go backwards, to the detriment of the children I believe. This sadly is typical, My dilema, look for a job where age and experience are not valued, or go back to school for something different? Life is too short to play endless games, jumping through hundreds of fiery hoops, only for it all to end with disappointment. I am tired of the disappointment, but how does one live a life without it? It is what it is. I hear that saying more frequently now, but I guess it is true. The flakes are falling again, will it never end?

RECALL WALKER/IMPEACH WALKER

No comments:

Post a Comment